– How many of you out there have low back pain that comes and goes, a headache that shows up every now and again, or that nagging neck pain that you can take an aspirin or something like that and it goes away?
– We call those whispers.
– I’m Dr. Christy Flick.
– And I’m Dr. Jennifer Taylor.
– And we’re with HealthWorks: A Family Wellness Center, in Plano, Texas. And we’re going to talk about something that we refer to as the snowball effect today. So let’s start with a patient story. I actually have it written down here because it’s quite a long list of symptoms. This was a middle aged lady, and she came into the office with foot pain, leg pain, knee swelling, hip pain, pain in her low back, menstrual pain, upper back pain, neck pain, and migraines.
– Quite the list.
– Quite the list, right. And you’re saying, okay, this doesn’t apply to me, I don’t have all of that. Well, let me tell you a little bit about her story. So we did our F3 exam with her, and we found out that the root cause of all of these nine symptoms was a car accident that had happened 11 years in the past. And when she first started, when she first came out of the car wreck, she didn’t have all of these issues.
– More your typical kind of whiplash, kind of like achiness in her neck, sore muscles, things like that, your typical.
– Right. So not much at all. Like Dr. Taylor was talking about, just whispers. But fast forward, when a symptom began to crash into the next symptom, into the next symptom, until 11 years later, she was at the point where she really didn’t want to live any longer.
– Yeah, she even told her husband that she didn’t want to live anymore because she was in so much pain.
– So much pain all the time. And that’s no way to live.
– That’s not even living.
– It’s not even living. It’s really tragic. But let’s not leave it there. So this particular lady decided to give chiropractic care a chance. She came for adjustment, she was routine with her care and she was symptom free in six months time.
– Six months, after 11 years of suffering.
– That’s pretty fun.
– So there are a couple of takeaways from this story that we really wanted to share with you today. First of all, don’t ignore the little whispers. If you have something that’s intermittent, every day that you have a symptom is closer to becoming a permanent thing and your life.
– Right, I mean, one of the examples I like to tell patients is that we consider misalignments of the spine, or, you know, the spine not functioning properly, kind of like a cavity. I mean, how many of you have actually gone to the dentist and the dentist tells you you have two or three cavities, and you’re like, oh, I had no clue. And we’re like, well, let’s take care of this now before it becomes, you know, painful and a problem. Would you ever say, no, I’ll wait until I need a root canal. I don’t think any of us in our right mind would do that. She was on the verge of having to get the proverbial root canal with her body.
– Maybe a full new set of dentures.
– Exactly, exactly. So that’s what we’re trying to prevent here. When you feel those whispers, when you hear your body telling you something’s not right, listen to those things.
– Yeah. And then the other takeaway that I would like for you to have is if you are that person, if you are that person with so many symptoms that you feel like there’s no hope for you, there really is hope. This is not an isolated case.
– It’s what we see every day.
– We see many people that come into our office with such a long list of symptoms that they’ve had for many, many years. And, you know, it’s not a magic pill that you can take that overnight, you just feel better. It is consistent care. But so many patients find hope and healing in our office and in chiropractic offices across the country.
– So if any of these things right here are in your life right now, please, you know, at some point, find care with a chiropractor. We’re here in Plano, Texas, and we’d love to serve you as well.
HealthWorks: A Family Wellness Center is a chiropractic and wellness center located in Plano, Texas. Our chiropractors, Dr. Christy Flick, Dr. Jennifer Taylor, and Dr. Aanchal Mendoza have been helping patients function better since starting private practice in 2005. For information about this article or other chiropractic questions, please contact our office at 972-612-1800.